Front-End Developer @ Charactr
💸 Salary: 15000 – 21000 (PLN/mo)
🤝 Agreement: B2B
📆 Type of employment: Full-time
📍 Location: Warsaw/remote
🏃♂️ Start: asap
📏 Length: long term
🇬🇧 English: B1/B2
Do you want to work at the intersection of Storytelling, Games, Animation, and AI? If your answer is YES, then you are at the right place :)
We are looking for a Front-End Developer to join Charactr Inc. - a company that's on a mission to bring the world closer together through personalized entertainment. Together you can build the Charactr AI platform & their first consumer app.
We believe that the most compelling stories are ones that are created just for you. Stories where characters can see, interact, and speak with you, stories with characters that know and remember you, stories tailored to your unique tastes and interests, and stories that allow you to be an active participant in the story universe.
We’ve assembled a world-class team to build both the ML-powered technology platform to enable made-for-you entertainment experiences as well as the first consumer app to bring them to mobile devices. Our team comes from some of the world’s most innovative companies, including NVIDIA, Samsung, Oculus, and ByteDance, and top startups like Tylko.
The ideal candidate has a solid technical background, loves to jump into the unknown, clarify ambiguities, quickly learn from failures, and break down vague ideas into concrete tasks. The candidate should be highly self-motivated and ready for a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
What you will do
- Build robust, lasting, and fast web-based products
- Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of decisions and iterate quickly
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Producers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- You have built systems that are highly scalable, secure, and performant using industry best practices (SRE)
- Solid CS fundamentals (algorithmic complexity, data structures, design patterns)
- Excellent architecture (SA), and analytical skills
- Understanding of Dynamic, Functional, and Reactive Programming
- UI Engineering experience and lots of imagination
- You are handy with Webpack, SASS, Pug, and Typescript
- Working experience with tools like Figma, Miro, Jira,
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automated deployment tools (e.g. Docker, Terraform, CircleCI)
- Working experience with Ionic or other hybrid mobile-app tech stacks.
- You hold a BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, or a related technical field.
- Knowledge, experience, or willingness to work with Golang.
- You are familiar with or have working experience with WebRTC.
- Comfortable working in a high-growth, constantly changing startup environment.
- Experience with browser-based 3D rendering technology (eg. WebGL, three.js, etc.)
- You have a passion for games, AR, and new technologies.
- Mobile development experience for iOS (Swift)